R-1234yf is a low-global-warming-potential mobile air conditioning refrigerant.
It is used in many vehicles for environment protection & satisfaction of regulations.
HFO-1234yf is a highly-efficient, safe and effective replacement for HFC-134a, is already in use by the auto industry. It has a LOW Global Warming Potential (GWP) and NO Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP), both of which contribute to climate change.
Most US major automakers have adopted R-1234yf in several or all of their models, with nearly 70% of 2019 vehicles using R-1234yf air conditioning systems. It is already the standard for all vehicles in Europe.
Manufacturers with some or all of their vehicles using R-1234yf Refrigerant include:
- Land Rover
Check with us to see if your vehicle year & model uses R-1234yf Refrigerant!
Excellent environmental properties
- Very low GWP of 4, Zero ODP, Favorable LCCP
- Atmospheric chemistry determined and published
Low toxicity, similar to R-134a
- Low acute and chronic toxicity
- Significant testing completed
System performance very similar to R-134a
- Excellent COP and Capacity, no glide
- From both internal tests and OEM tests
- Thermally stable and compatible with R-134a components
- Potential for direct substitution of R-134a
Mild flammability (manageable)
- Flammability properties significantly better than 152a; (MIE, burning velocity, etc)
- Potential for “A2L”ISO 817 classification versus “A2”for 152a based on AIST data
- Potential to use in a direct expansion A/C system -better performance, lower weight, smaller size than a secondary loop system
The evolution of A/C Refrigerants:
|A/C Refrigerants||Global Warming Potential (GWP)||Ozone Depletion Potential (ODP)|